All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking volume provides a theoretical overview and clinical guidelines for the application of neuropsychotherapy. It takes a multidisciplinary approach, combining neuropsychological kwledge with recent conceptualizations from neuroscience and psychotherapy, with special emphasis on the role of working alliance. The first part of the book focuses on the historical roots of neuropsychotherapy. Then, a framework of interpersonal process in neuropsychotherapy and conceptualization for clinical purposes are described. Resistance is described through a historical perspective of conceptualizations to the present-day demands of understanding this phemen in the process of neuropsychotherapy. In addition, the neuropsychology of emotions is presented in a therapeutic process through a case intervention. The latter chapters of the book are concerned with special interest interventions and psychotherapeutic working methods suited for neuropsychotherapy. Representing a wide variety of theoretical, research oriented, clinical neuropsychological and psychotherapeutic expertise, this book will interest professionals in neuropsychological rehabilitation and those working with patients with cognitive, emotional and behavioral disorders in in-patient and out-patient settings.
- Author BiographyRitva Laaksonen is a psychology graduate from the University of Helsinki with a postgraduate degree of Licenciate of Psychology, and a PsL specialization in clinical neuropsychology from the University of Jyvaskyla. She is an official supervisor registered by the Finnish Neuropsychological Society. She has served as a clinician, administrator, educator, and researcher in public posts at the Helsinki University Hospital Department of Neurology, and has been the chief psychologist there for 13 years. She is also a state registered psychotherapist trainer. Mervi Ranta is a psychology graduate from the University of Jyvaskyla with a postgraduate degree of Licenciate of Psychology, and a PsL specialization in clinical neuropsychology from the University of Helsinki. She is a state registered psychotherapist, and she has worked as a clinician and a supervisor in a public post at the Seinajoki Central Hospital Department of Neurology since 1986, where she is presently serving as the chief psychologist.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/01/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMirvi Ranta,Ritva Laaksonen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.