All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces Open Core Protocol (OCP) t as a conventional hardware communications protocol but as a meta-protocol: a means for describing and capturing the communications requirements of an IP core, and mapping them to a specific set of signals with kwn semantics. Readers will learn the capabilities of OCP as a semiconductor hardware interface specification that allows different System-On-Chip (SoC) cores to communicate. The OCP methodology presented enables intellectual property designers to design core interfaces in standard ways. This facilitates reusing OCP-compliant cores across multiple SoC designs which, in turn, drastically reduces design times, support costs, and overall cost for electronics/SoCs.
- Author BiographyW. David Schwaderer has a masters degree in Applied Mathematics from the California Institute of Technology and an MBA from the University of Southern California. He has worked at IBM, EDS, Adaptec, Symantec, and Silicon Valley startups. He has authored six commercial software programs for a variety of machine architectures using several different languages, dozens of articles, and ten technical books that explain complex technology in approachable ways. Whenever possible, David presents at Silicon Valley companies such as Intel, Google, Oracle Sun, and Symantec, as well as universities such as Stanford and MIT, immersing audiences in his favorite subject - innovation and its manifold surprises. His October 2007 MIT innovation lecture was selected as the best in the conference. He is a Silicon Valley consultant, presently assisting a global storage company to resolve storage device system development challenges.
- Author(s)W.David Schwaderer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note39 black & white tables, biography
- Weight284 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.