All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the expanded edition of Mark Grimwade's groundbreaking 1985 book. A solid introduction to the use of precious metals for students, professional jewellers and metalworkers. The author presents complex metallurgical concepts in ways that anyone working with precious metals can understand and apply. A genuine understanding of materials and the physics and chemistry related to them is necessary for the fostering of invation which is so important in this field. Artists who work with precious metals are always trying to push the boundaries of what is possible and this book will help them to understand how to do just that.
- Author BiographyMark Grimwade is a consultant to the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths and the World Gold Council where he has been at the forefront of technical developments in the field. A former visiting lecturer at the Royal College of Art, he has honed his skills of making complicated phenomena accessible to non-scientists, and he remains a leader in the field.
- Author(s)Mark Grimwade
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication19/01/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note150 black and white images
- Weight1033 g
- Width190 mm
- Height255 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.