All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
About this product
- DescriptionThe theory of probability and mathematical statistics is becoming an indispensable discipline in many branches of science and engineering. This is caused by increasing significance of various uncertainties affecting performance of complex techlogical systems. Fundamental concepts and procedures used in analysis of these systems are often based on the theory of probability and mathematical statistics. The book sets out fundamental principles of the probability theory, supplemented by theoretical models of random variables, evaluation of experimental data, sampling theory, distribution updating and tests of statistical hypotheses. Basic concepts of Bayesian approach to probability and two-dimensional random variables, are also covered. Examples of reliability analysis and risk assessment of techlogical systems are used throughout the book to illustrate basic theoretical concepts and their applications. The primary audience for the book includes undergraduate and graduate students of science and engineering, scientific workers and engineers and specialists in the field of reliability analysis and risk assessment. Except basic kwledge of undergraduate mathematics special prerequisite is required.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Milan Holicky got his civil engineering degree at the Czech Technical University in Prague, and doctor degree at the University of Waterloo, Canada. He is involved in the research of structural reliability and risk assessment. In 2010 he became Extraordinary Professor at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa; in 2011 he was awarded the degree Honorary Doctor of Science and Engineering of Moscow State University of Civil Engineering.
- Author(s)Milan Holicky
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication03/08/2013
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.