All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
About this product
- DescriptionAn easily accessible, real-world approach to probability and stochastic processes Introduction to Probability and Stochastic Processes with Applications presents a clear, easy-to-understand treatment of probability and stochastic processes, providing readers with a solid foundation they can build upon throughout their careers. With an emphasis on applications in engineering, applied sciences, business and finance, statistics, mathematics, and operations research, the book features numerous real-world examples that illustrate how random phemena occur in nature and how to use probabilistic techniques to accurately model these phemena. The authors discuss a broad range of topics, from the basic concepts of probability to advanced topics for further study, including Ito integrals, martingales, and sigma algebras. Additional topical coverage includes: * Distributions of discrete and continuous random variables frequently used in applications * Random vectors, conditional probability, expectation, and multivariate rmal distributions * The laws of large numbers, limit theorems, and convergence of sequences of random variables * Stochastic processes and related applications, particularly in queueing systems * Financial mathematics, including pricing methods such as risk-neutral valuation and the Black-Scholes formula Extensive appendices containing a review of the requisite mathematics and tables of standard distributions for use in applications are provided, and plentiful exercises, problems, and solutions are found throughout. Also, a related website features additional exercises with solutions and supplementary material for classroom use. Introduction to Probability and Stochastic Processes with Applications is an ideal book for probability courses at the upper-undergraduate level. The book is also a valuable reference for researchers and practitioners in the fields of engineering, operations research, and computer science who conduct data analysis to make decisions in their everyday work.
- Author BiographyLILIANA BLANCO CASTANEDA, DrRerNat, is Associate Professor in the Department of Statistics at the National University of Colombia and the author of several journal articles and three books on basic and advanced probability. VISWANATHAN ARUNACHALAM, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the Universidad de los Andes, Colombia. He has published numerous journal articles in areas such as optimization, stochastic processes, and the mathematics of financial derivatives. SELVAMUTHU DHARMARAJA, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Mathematics and the Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. The author of several journal articles, he is Associate Editor for the International Journal of Communication Systems.
- Author(s)Liliana Blanco Castaneda,Selvamuthu Dharmaraja,Viswanathan Arunachalam
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication27/07/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight986 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.