All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive introduction to Proto-Indo-European, Balto-Slavic and Proto-Slavic accentology; a branch of diachronic linguistics dealing with the development of syllable stress, intonation, and quantity at the word level. Of particular interest in the book is its detailed summary of the major approaches and solutions to accentology of the last thirty years. Furthermore, the book provides a comprehensive overview of the current state of research on accentuation of the Indo-European proto-language and the accentuation of Balto-Slavic languages. Such research is integral to our kwledge of how accentual patterns developed from the reconstructed proto-language to the modern Indo-European languages.
- Author BiographyRoman Sukac, PhD, (born 1970), is currently Lecturer at the Silesian University in Opava. His research focuses on Balto-Slavic accentology and Indo-European linguistics.
- Author(s)Roman Sukac
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight635 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.