Introduction to Psychometric Theory by George A. Marcoulides, Tenko Raykov (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $105.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $188.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new text provides a state-of the-art introduction to educational and psychological testing and measurement theory that reflects many intellectual developments of the past two decades. The book introduces psychometric theory using a latent variable modeling (LVM) framework and emphasizes interval estimation throughout, so as to better prepare readers for studying more advanced topics later in their careers. Featuring numerous examples, it presents an applied approach to conducting testing and measurement in the behavioral, social, and educational sciences. Readers will find numerous tips on how to use test theory in today's actual testing situations. To reflect the growing use of statistical software in psychometrics, the authors introduce the use of Mplus after the first few chapters. IBM SPSS, SAS, and R are also featured in several chapters. Software codes and associated outputs are reviewed throughout to enhance comprehension. Essentially all of the data used in the book are available on the website. In addition instructors will find helpful PowerPoint lecture slides and questions and problems for each chapter. The authors rely on LVM when discussing fundamental concepts such as exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis, test theory, generalizability theory, reliability and validity, interval estimation, nlinear factor analysis, generalized linear modeling, and item response theory. The varied applications make this book a valuable tool for those in the behavioral, social, educational, and biomedical disciplines, as well as in business, ecomics, and marketing. A brief introduction to R is also provided. Intended as a text for advanced undergraduate and/or graduate courses in psychometrics, testing and measurement, measurement theory, psychological testing, and/or educational and/or psychological measurement taught in departments of psychology, education, human development, epidemiology, business, and marketing, it will also appeal to researchers in these disciplines. Prerequisites include an introduction to statistics with exposure to regression analysis and ANOVA. Familiarity with SPSS, SAS, STATA, or R is also beneficial. As a whole, the book provides an invaluable introduction to measurement and test theory to those with limited or familiarity with the mathematical and statistical procedures involved in measurement and testing.
- Author BiographyTenko Raykov is Professor of Measurement and Quantitative Methods at Michigan State University. He received his Ph.D. in Mathematical Psychology from Humboldt University in Berlin. He teaches courses in psychometric theory, multivariate statistics, latent variable and structural equation modeling, and multilevel modeling at Michigan State University. He serves on the editorial board of Psychological Methods, Structural Equation Modeling, the British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, and Multivariate Behavioral Research. George A. Marcoulides is Professor of Statistics at the University of California - Riverside. He is the Series Editor of the Quantitative Methodology Series, Editor of the Structural Equation Modeling journal, and on the editorial board of several other measurement and statistics journals.
- Author(s)George A. Marcoulides,Tenko Raykov
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Academic
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.