All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAn Elementary Guide to the State of the Art in the Quantum Information Field Introduction to Quantum Physics and Information Processing guides beginners in understanding the current state of research in the vel, interdisciplinary area of quantum information. Suitable for undergraduate and beginning graduate students in physics, mathematics, or engineering, the book goes deep into issues of quantum theory without raising the technical level too much. The text begins with the basics of quantum mechanics required to understand how two-level systems are used as qubits. It goes on to show how quantum properties are exploited in devising algorithms for problems that are more efficient than the classical counterpart. It then explores more sophisticated tions that form the backbone of quantum information theory. Requiring background in quantum physics, this text prepares readers to follow more advanced books and research material in this rapidly growing field. Examples, detailed discussions, exercises, and problems facilitate a thorough, real-world understanding of quantum information.
- Author BiographyRadhika Vathsan is an associate professor in the Department of Physics at BITS Pilani, Goa Campus. She earned a PhD in theoretical physics from the Institute of Mathematical Sciences Chennai and did her postdoc work at Harish Chandra Research Institute Allahabad. Her research interests include mathematical physics, many-body physics, high-energy physics, quantum computation and information, and foundations of quantum mechanics.
- Author(s)Radhika Vathsan
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/07/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note88 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.