CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is composed of two main parts: mathematical background and queueing systems with applications. The mathematical background is a self containing introduction to the stochastic processes of the later studies queueing systems. It starts with a quick introduction to probability theory and stochastic processes and continues with chapters on Markov chains and regenerative processes. More recent advances of queueing systems are based on phase type distributions, Markov arrival processes and quasy birth death processes, which are introduced in the last chapter of the first part. The second part is devoted to queueing models and their applications. After the introduction of the basic Markovian (from M/M/1 to M/M/1//N) and n-Markovian (M/G/1, G/M/1) queueing systems, a chapter presents the analysis of queues with phase type distributions, Markov arrival processes (from PH/M/1 to MAP/PH/1/K). The next chapter presents the classical queueing network results and the rest of this part is devoted to the application examples. There are queueing models for bandwidth charing with different traffic classes, slotted multiplexers, ATM switches, media access protocols like Aloha and IEEE 802.11b, priority systems and retrial systems. An appendix supplements the technical content with Laplace and z transformation rules, Bessel functions and a list of tations. The book contains examples and exercises throughout and could be used for graduate students in engineering, mathematics and sciences.
- Author BiographyThe authors of this book have been doing research and modeling in the theoretical and practical field of queuing theory for several decades, and teaching in both BSc, MSc and doctoral programs at the Faculty of Informatics, E..otv..os Lor'and University, Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Sz'echenyi Istv'an University and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics, Budapest University of Technology and Economics (all located in Hungary).
- Author(s)Laszlo Lakatos,Laszlo Szeidl,Miklos Telek
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white tables, biography
- Weight757 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.