All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn modern computing a program is usually distributed among several processes. The fundamental challenge when developing reliable and secure distributed programs is to support the cooperation of processes required to execute a common task, even when some of these processes fail. Failures may range from crashes to adversarial attacks by malicious processes. Cachin, Guerraoui, and Rodrigues present an introductory description of fundamental distributed programming abstractions together with algorithms to implement them in distributed systems, where processes are subject to crashes and malicious attacks. The authors follow an incremental approach by first introducing basic abstractions in simple distributed environments, before moving to more sophisticated abstractions and more challenging environments. Each core chapter is devoted to one topic, covering reliable broadcast, shared memory, consensus, and extensions of consensus. For every topic, many exercises and their solutions enhance the understanding This book represents the second edition of Introduction to Reliable Distributed Programming . Its scope has been extended to include security against malicious actions by n-cooperating processes. This important domain has become widely kwn under the name Byzantine fault-tolerance .
- Author BiographyRachid Guerraoui is Professor in the School of Computer and Communication Sciences (LPD), at EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland. Luis E. T. Rodrigues is Professor (Professor Catedratico) at the Departamento de Engenharia Informatica, Instituto Superior Tecnico (IST), at the Universidade Tecnica de Lisboa in Portugal. Christian Cachin works at IBM Research in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Christian Cachin,Luis Rodrigues,Rachid Guerraoui
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight593 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.