All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MySocLab(R) does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MySocLab search for 0134126955 / 9780134126951 Introduction to Social Problems plus MySocLab for Social Problems- Access Card Package, 10/e Package consists of: *0205896464 / 9780205896462 Introduction to Social Problems, 10/e *0134106911 / 9780134106915 MySocLab for Social Problems Access Card MySocLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. For courses in Social Problems Researching, Analyzing, and Understanding U.S. Social Issues Introduction to Social Problems explores the many social issues that continue to plague the United States. Discussing and analyzing the extent and nature of various problems and their potential solutions, the book stands as a guidepost for people with an interest in helping professions - sociologists, educators, social workers, etc. Through a sociological lens, students are able to gauge recurrent social issues and examine the benefits and possibilities of solutions. The Tenth Edition teaches students to apply research and kwledge to solve some of our nation's most crippling problems. Also available with MySocLab MySocLab for Social Problems courses extends learning online, engaging students and improving results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer students opportunities to practice applying what they've learned. And the Writing Space helps educators develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking through writing, quickly and easily. Please te: this version of MySocLab does t include an eText. Introduction to Social Problems, Tenth Edition is also available via REVEL(TM), an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
- Author BiographyThomas J. Sullivan is Professor Emeritus of Sociology and Social Work at Northern Michigan University, specializing in social psychology, research methods, applied sociology, and medical sociology. He earned his undergraduate degree in sociology from San Francisco State University and his M.A. and Ph.D. in sociology from the University of California at Santa Barbara. He is the author of Sociology: Concepts and Applications in a Diverse World, 8th ed. (Allyn & Bacon, 2009), Methods of Social Research (Wadsworth, 2001), and Applied Sociology: Research and Critical Thinking (Allyn & Bacon, 1992); he is the co-author of Applied Social Research: Tool for the Human Services, 9th ed. (Brooks/Cole Cengage Learning, 2014). Sullivan has published articles in Social Science and Medicine and Humboldt Journal of Social Relations. His applied research has focused on evaluation research of social service delivery in elementary schools and of teen pregnancy prevention and intervention services. He has served in various elected and appointed positions for the American Sociological Association, the Society for Applied Sociology, and the Midwest Sociological Society.
- Author(s)Thomas J. Sullivan
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/12/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight920 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.