Introduction to Social Work: Through the Eyes of Practice Settings with Enhanced Pearson eText - Access Card Package by Michelle E. Martin (Mixed media product, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $241.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $233.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book. Introduction to Social Work by Michelle Martin is designed to help readers understand the role and function of social workers within the context of a range of social service practice settings-child welfare, adolescence, older adults, mental health, homelessness, health care and hospice, school social work, religion and spirituality, violence and victim advocacy, and international social work. In it, readers learn to recognize a range of social problems impacting people within society, particularly members of at-risk and disenfranchised populations; understand key psychosocial and clinical issues impacting a range of populations within various theoretical frameworks; and apply key intervention strategies to case studies involving frequently encountered social problems and psychosocial issues. The text is consistent with the new CSWE EPAS, emphasizes ethical practice by infusing the NASW Code of Ethics throughout, integrates the use of techlogy, explores the role of religion and spirituality in the helping process, and examines social policy and legislation through a comprehensive history of related federal policy and legislation. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and assessments. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: * Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. * Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* * Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later. 0134057511 / 9780134057514 Introduction to Social Work: Through the Eyes of Practice Settings with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: * 013404519X / 9780134045191 Introduction to Social Work: Through the Eyes of Practice Settings, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card * 0205681824 / 9780205681822 Introduction to Social Work: Through the Eyes of Practice Settings
- Author BiographyMichelle Martin has over 25 years experience working in advocacy, policy and social work. She has a PhD in Peace Studies from the University of Bradford in the UK, an MSocSci in global policy studies from the University of Bristol in the UK, and an MSW from University of Illinois, Jane Addams College of Social Work in Chicago. Michelle is the author of three books, Introduction to Human Services: Through the Eyes of Practice Settings; Advocacy for Social Justice: A Global Perspective, and Introduction to Social Work: Through the Eyes of Practice Settings, and several articles focusing primarily on social policy and global issues related to human rights violations and conflict. Her area of research focuses on the internationalization of global conflict, including the history of ethnonationalist conflict, and civil war and genocide in Rwanda, with a focus on the role of social media in conflict and peace processes. She has also extensively studied forced migration and conflict-generated diaspora and their engagement in peace and conflict processes. Michelle is also interested in human rights mechanisms and the role of the United Nations in responding to human rights violations, as well as the relationship between emerging technologies, globalization and global conflict situations. Michelle is particularly committed to advocating for marginalized and at-risk populations on a global level. Michelle teaches at Dominican University in the Chicago area.
- Author(s)Michelle E. Martin
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/01/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight635 g
- Width201 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.