All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to Solid State Ionics: Phemelogy and Applications presents a pedagogical, graduate-level treatment of the science and techlogy of superionic conductors, also kwn as fast ion conductors or solid electrolytes. Suitable for physics, materials science, and engineering researchers and students, the text emphasizes basic physics and chemistry as well as applications of electrochemical energy materials. The book focuses on fundamental phemelogical aspects, including crystal structure, phon dispersion, electronic band structure, defects, disorder, nstoichiometry, n-equilibrium thermodynamics, phase transitions, and statistical mechanics of io-electron transport. It explains how the design, synthesis, and characterization of materials aid in optimizing diffusion coefficients and ionic conductivities. The author also describes important applications of solid state ionics, including solid state batteries, fuel cells, and electrochemical sensors.
- Author BiographyC.S. Sunandana is an honorary professor in the School of Physics at the University of Hyderabad. He is a fellow of the Andhra Pradesh Academy of Sciences, foundation member of the Materials Research Society of India, and a life member of the Indian Physics Association. Dr. Sunandana has published more than 150 research articles in peer-reviewed journals and coauthored three books. He earned a PhD in physics from the Indian Institute of Technology. His research interests encompass condensed matter physics and physics of materials.
- Author(s)C. S. Sunandana
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note554 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, 30 black & white tables
- Weight1111 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.