All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its second edition, Introduction to Solid State Physics provides a comprehensive introduction to the physical properties of crystalline solids. It explains the structure of crystals, the theory of crystal diffraction and the reciprocal lattice. As the book advances, it describes different kinds of imperfections in crystals, bonding in solids, and vibration in one-dimensional moatomic and diatomic linear lattice. Different theories of specific heat, thermal conductivity of solids and lattice thermal conductivity are thoroughly dealt with. Coverage also includes the free electron theory, band theory of solids and semiconductors. In addition, the book describes in detail the magnetic properties of solids and superconductivity. Finally, the book includes discussions on lasers, natechlogy and the basic principles of fibre optics and holography. Some new topics like cellular method, quantum Hall effect, de Haas van Alphen effect, Pauli paramagnetism and semiconductor laser have been added to this edition. The book is designed to meet the requirements of undergraduate and postgraduate students of physics for their courses in solid state physics, condensed matter physics and material science. Key Features: puts a conceptual emphasis on the subject; includes numerous diagrams and figures to clarify concepts; gives step-by-step explanations of theories; provides chapter-end exercises.
- Author BiographyArun Kumar, Ph.D., is Associate Professor in the University Department of Physics, Ranchi University, Ranchi, India. He has been teaching physics and electronics to undergraduate and postgraduate students for over two decades. Basic Electronics, Number Systems-For Digital Computers and Problems in Physics are three other books authored by him. He has published a number of papers in journals of international repute and has supervised students for their Ph.D. degree. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) and currently Vice Chairman of its Ranchi centre, and a Member of the Indian Associations of Physics Teachers (IAPT), Kanpur. Dr. Kumar is also listed in 'Reference Asia: Asia's Who's Who of Men and Women of Achievement'.
- Author(s)Arun Kumar
- PublisherPHI Learning
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPHI Learning
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.