All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWireless networks are under constant pressure to provide ever higher data rates to increasing numbers of users with greater reliability. Space-time processing techlogy, which uses multiple antennas and sophisticated signal processing techniques, is a powerful new tool for improving system performance. The techlogy already features in the UMTS and CDMA2000 mobile standards. This book is an accessible introduction to the theory of space-time wireless communications. The authors discuss the basics of space-time propagation, space-time channels, channel capacity, spatial diversity and space-time coding. They highlight important trade-offs in the design of practical systems and cover advanced topics such as space-time OFDM and spread-spectrum modulation, co-channel interference cancellation, and multiuser MIMO. The book is an ideal introduction to this rapidly growing field for graduate students taking courses on wireless communications and for practitioners in the wireless industry. Homework problems and other supporting material are available on a companion website.
- Author BiographyArogyaswami Paulraj received his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology and is a Professor of Electrical Engineering at Stanford University. He is the author of over 250 research papers and holds eight patents. He has held several positions in industry, including Chief Technology Officer of Iospan Wireless Inc, and he is a Fellow of the IEEE and a member of the Indian National Academy of Engineering. He is also the recipient of the 2014 Marconi Prize. Rohit Nabar is a Research Assistant in the Smart Antennas Research Group in the Electrical Engineering Department at Stanford University. Dhananjay Gore is a Research Assistant in the Smart Antennas Research Group in the Electrical Engineering Department at Stanford University.
- Author(s)Arogyaswami Paulraj,Dhananjay Gore,Rohit Nabar
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 tables
- Weight550 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.