All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionTake the fear out of statistics with this straightforward, practical and applied book on the 'how and why' of using statistics. Introduction to Statistics for Nurses is an essential introductory text for all nursing students coming to statistics for the first time. The nursing profession involves the use of statistics every day, for example in the cases of mortality rates, average life expectancies, percentage recovery rates, average remission times, and the findings of which drugs work best with which illnesses. In fact, all of the policies that surround this job, the treatment strategies, and all the facts described above are derived from the use of statistics. This book will help students to understand the use of statistics in nursing literature, and shows how to use statistics effectively in answering research questions. Case studies throughout show how statistics are applied in nursing research and frequent exercises help to test the reader's kwledge as they progress.
- Author BiographyJohn Maltby is a lecturer in Psychology at the University of Leicester. He is, with Liz Day, one of the authors of 'Personality, Individual Differences and Intelligence', also published by Pearson Education. Liz Day is a lecturer in Psychology at Sheffield Hallam University. Her work is in an applied setting, looking at how positive beliefs influence positive well-being. Glenn Williams is a Senior Lecturer in Psychology at Nottingham Trent University. He has worked in the National Health Service and has been involved with the education and training of nurses, particularly in the use of quantitative research methods.
- Author(s)Glenn Williams,John Maltby,Liz Day
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson Education (US)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.