All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a pedagogical examination of the way in which stochastic models are encountered in applied sciences and techniques such as physics, engineering, biology and genetics, ecomics and social sciences. It covers Markov and semi-Markov models, as well as their particular cases: Poisson, renewal processes, branching processes, Ehrenfest models, genetic models, optimal stopping, reliability, reservoir theory, storage models, and queuing systems. Given this comprehensive treatment of the subject, students and researchers in applied sciences, as well as anyone looking for an introduction to stochastic models, will find this title of invaluable use.
- Author BiographyMarius Iosifescu is a member and vice-president of the Romanian Academy of Sciences and director of the Bucharest Institute of Mathematical Statistics and Applied Mathematics. His research concerns stochastic processes, the probabilistic theory of numbers and their applications. Nikolaos Limnios is a professor of applied mathematics at the University of Technology of Compiegne, France. His research and teaching activities concern stochastic processes, statistical inference and their applications.Gheorghe Oprisan is a professor of applied mathematics at the 'Politehnica' University of Bucharest and the head of the Mathematical section II there. His research concerns stochastic processes and their applications.
- Author(s)Gheorghe Oprisan,Marius Iosifescu,Nikolaos Limnios
- PublisherISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/03/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintISTE Ltd and John Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight690 g
- Width164 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.