Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionSupersymmetry, strings and branes are believed to be the essential ingredients in a single unified consistent theory of physics. This book gives a detailed, step-by-step introduction to the theoretical foundations required for research in strings and branes. After a study of the different formulations of the bosonic and supersymmetric point particles, the classical and quantum bosonic and supersymmetric string theories are presented. This book includes accounts of brane dynamics and D-branes and the T, S and U duality symmetries of string theory. The historical derivation of string theory is given as well as the sum over the world-sheet approach to the interacting string. More advanced topics include string field theory and Kac-Moody symmetries. The book contains pedagogical accounts of conformal quantum field theory, supergravity theories, Clifford algebras and spirs, and Lie algebras. It is essential reading for graduate students and researchers wanting to learn strings and branes.
- Author BiographyPeter West is a Professor at King's College London. He is a pioneer in the development of supersymmetry and its application to strings and branes.
- Author(s)Peter West
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note36 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight1550 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.