All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction to Sustainability is the first major textbook to review major themes in the cutting-edge field of sustainability. The book is suitable for introductory interdisciplinary courses on sustainability, as well as those in the fields of geography, geology, sociology, planning, political science, and anthropology. Brinkmann s book allows students to see the world in new ways while also encouraging them to become part of the change needed to ensure the long-term sustainability of the planet. The text includes material on the development of the field of sustainability; environmental sustainability issues like water, food, and energy; social sustainability themes like environmental justice and transportation; and ecomic sustainability topics like green businesses and ecomic development. The book concludes with a chapter on sustainability issues in college and universities. Brinkmann intersperses many fascinating case studies and text boxes that encourage students to deeply explore the material. This is a book that t only organizes the complex field of sustainability, but also encourages students to take action to make the world a better place.
- Author BiographyRobert (Bob) Brinkmann is the Director of Sustainability Studies in the Department of Geology, Environment, and Sustainability at Hofstra University and is the author of many books and research articles. Bob has served as an officer in many organizations and is currently Chair of the Board of the National Cave and Karst Research Institute.
- Author(s)Robert Brinkmann
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight754 g
- Width188 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.