Introduction to Topology and Geometry by Catherine Stenson, Saul Stahl (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $153.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn easily accessible introduction to over three centuries of invations in geometry Praise for the First Edition ...a welcome alternative to compartmentalized treatments bound to the old thinking. This clearly written, well-illustrated book supplies sufficient background to be self-contained. CHOICE This fully revised new edition offers the most comprehensive coverage of modern geometry currently available at an introductory level. The book strikes a welcome balance between academic rigor and accessibility, providing a complete and cohesive picture of the science with an unparalleled range of topics. Illustrating modern mathematical topics, Introduction to Topology and Geometry, Second Edition discusses introductory topology, algebraic topology, kt theory, the geometry of surfaces, Riemann geometries, fundamental groups, and differential geometry, which opens the doors to a wealth of applications. With its logical, yet flexible, organization, the Second Edition: Explores historical tes interspersed throughout the exposition to provide readers with a feel for how the mathematical disciplines and theorems came into being Provides exercises ranging from routine to challenging, allowing readers at varying levels of study to master the concepts and methods Bridges seemingly disparate topics by creating thoughtful and logical connections Contains coverage on the elements of polytope theory, which acquaints readers with an exposition of modern theory Introduction to Topology and Geometry, Second Edition is an excellent introductory text for topology and geometry courses at the upper-undergraduate level. In addition, the book serves as an ideal reference for professionals interested in gaining a deeper understanding of the topic.
- Author BiographySAUL STAHL, PhD, is Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Kansas and twice the winner of the Carl B. Allendoerfer Award from the Mathematical Association of America. CATHERINE STENSON, PhD, is Professor of Mathematics at Juniata College in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Catherine Stenson,Saul Stahl
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication17/05/2013
- Series TitlePure and Applied Mathematics: A Wiley Series of Texts, Monographs and Tracts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight874 g
- Width164 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.