Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPrimarily intended as a textbook for undergraduate courses in applied electronics and instrumentation engineering, instrumentation and control engineering, electrical and electronics engineering and electronics and telecommunication engineering, this student-friendly book provides an in-depth coverage of transducers. Organised in 12 chapters, this title:* Presents a comprehensive classification of transducers based on common properties such as mechanical, resistive, inductive, capacitive, piezoelectric, magnetic, fibre-optic, ultrasonic and electrochemical* Discusses the general principles of each group, presenting their applications in sensing physical quantities such as pressure, temperature and so on* Outlines the distinguishing features of transducers and elaborates on modern sensors based on optical fibres (intensity modulated, phase modulated and spectrally modulated sensors such as Bragg grating, Fabry-Perot interferometer, Brillouin scattering sensor) and sensors based on surface acoustic wave* Contains numerous solved examples and review questions that illustrate the application of theory to reinforce concepts
- Author BiographyArun K Ghosh (PhD, Physics, Calcutta University; Postdoctoral Fellow, Rice University, Houston, Texas) is currently a Visiting Professor at Sir JC Bose School of Engineering, Hooghly, India. Earlier, he served as Head, Instrumentation Centre, University of Kalyani; Principal, Murshidabad College of Engineering and Technology, Berhampur; and Principal, Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur, India. A distinguished teacher and a recipient of scholarships throughout his academic career, Professor Ghosh has over 36 years of teaching experience and has had 35 research publications in journals of national and international repute.
- Author(s)Arun K. Ghosh
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.