All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses On an Emerging Field in Water Engineering A broad treatment of the Tsallis entropy theory presented from a water resources engineering point of view, Introduction to Tsallis Entropy Theory in Water Engineering fills a growing need for material on this theory and its relevant applications in the area of water engineering. This self-contained text includes several solved examples, and requires only a basic kwledge of mathematics and probability theory. Divided into four parts, the book begins with a detailed discussion of Tsallis entropy, moves on to hydraulics, expounds on the subject of hydrology, and ends with broad coverage on a wide variety of areas in water engineering. The author addresses: * The Tsallis entropy theory for both discrete and continuous variables * The procedure for deriving probability distributions * One-dimensional velocity distributions * Two-dimensional velocity distributions * Methods for determining sediment concentration * Sediment discharge * Stage-discharge rating curve * Precipitation variability * Infiltration and the derivation of infiltration equations * An introduction to soil moisture, soil moisture profiles, and their estimation * Flow duration curves * The eco-index and indicators of hydrologic alteration (IHA) * Measures of redundancy for water distribution networks, and more Introduction to Tsallis Entropy Theory in Water Engineering examines the basic concepts of the Tsallis entropy theory, and considers its current applications and potential for future use. This book advances further research on water engineering, hydrologic sciences, environmental sciences, and water resources engineering as they relate to the Tsallis entropy theory.
- Author BiographyVijay P. Singh is a distinguished professor in the Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering as well as the Zachry Department of Civil Engineering at Texas A&M University. He received his B.S., M.S., Ph.D., and D.Sc. degrees in engineering. He specializes in surface-water hydrology, groundwater hydrology, hydraulics, irrigation engineering, environmental quality, and water resources. Dr. Singh has published more than 24 textbooks. He is a registered professional engineer, a registered professional hydrologist, and an honorary diplomat in water resources engineering of the American Academy of Water Resources Engineers.
- Author(s)Vijay P. Singh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication17/09/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationPortland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintProductivity Press
- Content Note196 black & white illustrations, 85 black & white tables
- Weight907 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.