Introduction to Video Production: Studio, Field, and Beyond by Jaime Gomez, Ronald Compesi (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $192.63Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten in a clear, n-technical manner, Introduction to Video Production focuses on the fundamental principles of video production and the techlogies used in production. This book discusses video aesthetics, techlogies, and production practice in a clear and concise manner. It also emphasizes the importance of teamwork and planning in the production process. Chapters are clearly organized and heavily illustrated, with key terms identified in boldface. With Introduction to Video Production, readers will learn t only how the techlogy works, but how to work with the techlogy and with each other.
- Author BiographyDr. Ronald Compesi is Professor Emeritus in the Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts Department at San Francisco State University where he taught for 38 years. In 2007, he was recognized as the outstanding Media Arts professor in the California State University System. Dr. Compesi's primary teaching and research interests are in the areas of video production and editing, and media ethics. Dr. Compesi is author of Video Field Production and Editing, 7th edition (Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 2007). In print since 1985, this text is one of the leading college textbooks on the topic in use today in the U.S. and Canada. A Chinese language translation was published by the Beijing Broadcasting University (now the Communication University of China) in 2003. Dr. Compesi is co-author of Introduction to Video Production: Studio, Field and Beyond (Boston: Allyn and Bacon, 2006). Dr. Compesi has published scholarly articles and book reviews in the Journal of Broadcasting and Electronic Media (JOBEM), Public Telecommunications Review and Journalism Quarterly. At the University of Oregon, Dr. Compesi worked for the Division of Broadcast Services and Televised Instruction and as a Producer/Director for the UO Honors College. He was a principal in the independent production company Windward Communication Design. From 1993-2003, Dr. Compesi served as co-executive producer for a variety of special television programs produced for KTVU (Fox, Channel 2, Oakland, CA) television's Family to Family and Bay Area People community affairs series. Dr. Compesi has held a number of administrative appointments at San Francisco State University, including Chair of the Broadcast & Electronic Communication Arts Department (1986-1995), Associate Dean of the College of Creative Arts (2006-2008), 1984-1985), Interim Director of the School of Music and Dance (2004-2005) and Interim Dean of the College of Creative Arts (2006-2008). Dr. Jaime S. Gomez is Professor of Communication in the Communication Department at Eastern Connecticut State University where he has taught for 16 years. He is also the Director of the New Media Studies program, an interdisciplinary major grouping five disciplines: Communication, Computer Sciences, English, Performing Arts, and Visual Arts. Dr. Gomez's primary teaching and research interests are in the areas of video production and editing, media aesthetics, and organizations and communication technology. In addition to Introduction to Video Production: Studio, Field, and Beyond, he is the author of Distance Education: The Challenges of Technology and Communication, published in 2001 by The Atlantic University (Universidad del Atlantico) in Colombia. Dr. Gomez has worked on international video productions as a director and camera person in Panama, Spain, Colombia, and Middle East. In Colombia he received the Simon Bolivar Award, highest recognition in Colombia's television, for Best Documentary 199. He has presented papers on documentary production and media aesthetics in international conferences at the University of Cambridge in England and the University of Granada in Spain among others, and has held administrative appointments at Eastern Connecticut State University including Chair of the Communication Department (2004-2009) and Interim Dean of the School of Education and Professional Studies (2009-2014).
- Author(s)Jaime Gomez,Ronald Compesi
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/10/2005
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationOld Tappan
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAllyn & Bacon
- Out-of-print date19/03/2009
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.