Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis work aims to fill a gap in the existing legal literature by presenting a compact, concise but nevertheless paramic view of the law of the United Nations. Today the organisation is at the centre of all multilateral international relations and impossible to avoid. And of course the UN Charter is a foundational document without which modern international law cant be properly understood. In spite of its importance, this pre-eminent world political organisation is poorly understood by the general public, and the extent and variety of its activities is t widely appreciated. Even lawyers generally possess insufficient kwledge of the way its legal institutions operate. Assessments of the organisation and judgements about its achievements are consequently frequently distorted. This work is aimed especially at remedying these deficiencies in public and legal understanding, but also at presenting the organisation as a coherent system of values and integrated action. Thus the book presents an overarching view of the significance of the UN organisation in general, the history of its origins in the League of Nations, the aims and principles of the Charter, governmental agencies, members of the Organisation, the n-use of violence and collective security, the peaceful settlement of disputes, and the question of amendments to the Charter. This work will be suitable for students of law and international relations, as well as scholars and those interested in the work and organisation of the United Nations.
- Author BiographyRobert Kolb is Professor of Public International Law at the University of Geneva. He has worked as legal adviser at the International Committee of the Red Cross from 1998 to 1999, and occasionally for the International Law Directorate of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs and the Federal Military Department (Law of Armed Conflicts). He is also Counsel for Lalive Attorneys-at-Law, Geneva.
- Author(s)Robert Kolb
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/02/2010
- SubjectInternational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.