All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionAt the heart of every medical imaging techlogy is a sophisticated mathematical model of the measurement process and an algorithm to reconstruct an image from the measured data. This book provides a firm foundation in the mathematical tools used to model the measurements and derive the reconstruction algorithms used in most of these modalities. The text uses X-ray computed tomography (X-ray CT) as a 'pedagogical machine' to illustrate important ideas and its extensive discussion of background material makes the more advanced mathematical topics accessible to people with a less formal mathematical education. This new edition contains a chapter on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), a revised section on the relationship between the continuum and discrete Fourier transforms, an improved description of the gridding method, and new sections on both Grangreat's formula and ise analysis in MR-imaging. Mathematical concepts are illuminated with over 200 illustrations and numerous exercises.
- Author BiographyCharles L. Epstein is a Professor at the University of Pennsylvania with appointments in Mathematics and Radiology.
- Author(s)Charles L. Epstein
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/11/2007
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1318 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.