All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs in previous editions, the focus in INTRODUCTORY ALGEBRA: AN APPLIED APPROACH, 9E, International Edition remains on the Aufmann Interactive Method (AIM). Students are encouraged to be active participants in the classroom and in their own studies as they work through the How To examples and the paired Examples and You Try It problems. Student engagement is crucial to success. Presenting students with worked examples, and then providing them with the opportunity to immediately solve similar problems, helps them build their confidence and eventually master the concepts. Simplicity is key in the organization of this edition, as in all other editions. All lessons, exercise sets, tests, and supplements are organized around a carefully constructed hierarchy of objectives. Each exercise mirrors a preceding objective, which helps to reinforce key concepts and promote skill building. This clear, objective-based approach allows students to organize their thoughts around the content, and supports instructors as they work to design syllabi, lesson plans, and other administrative documents. New features like Focus on Success, Apply the Concept, and Concept Check add an increased emphasis on study skills and conceptual understanding to strengthen the foundation of student success. The Ninth Edition also features a new design, enhancing the Aufmann Interactive Method and making the pages easier for both students and instructors to follow.
- Author BiographyJoanne Lockwood received a BA in English Literature from St. Lawrence University and both an MBA and a BA in mathematics from Plymouth State University. Ms. Lockwood taught at Plymouth State University and Nashua Community College in New Hampshire, and has over 20 years' experience teaching mathematics at the high school and college level. Ms. Lockwood has co-authored two bestselling developmental math series, as well as numerous derivative math texts and ancillaries. Ms. Lockwood's primary interest today is helping developmental math students overcome their challenges in learning math. Richard Aufmann is the lead author of two bestselling developmental math series and a bestselling college algebra and trigonometry series, as well as several derivative math texts. He received a BA in mathematics from the University of California, Irvine, and an MA in mathematics from California State University, Long Beach. Mr. Aufmann taught math, computer science, and physics at Palomar College in California, where he was on the faculty for 28 years. His textbooks are highly recognized and respected among college mathematics professors. Today, Mr. Aufmann's professional interests include quantitative literacy, the developmental math curriculum, and the impact of technology on curriculum development.
- Author(s)Joanne Lockwood,Richard N. Aufmann
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2013
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1250 g
- Width215 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 9th Revised ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.