Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $163.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $156.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a uniquely modern, balanced approach, Tussy/Koenig's INTRODUCTORY ALGEBRA, Fifth Edition, integrates the best of traditional drill and practice with the best elements of the reform movement. To many developmental math students, algebra is like a foreign language. They have difficulty translating the words, their meanings, and how they apply to problem solving. Emphasizing the language of algebra, the text's fully integrated learning process is designed to expand students' reasoning abilities and teach them how to read, write, and think mathematically. It blends instructional approaches that include vocabulary, practice, and well-defined pedagogy with an emphasis on reasoning, modeling, communication, and techlogy skills.
- Author BiographyDiane Koenig received a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Math Education from Illinois State University in 1980. She began her career at Rock Valley College in 1981, when she became the Math Supervisor for the newly formed Personalized Learning Center. Earning her Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics from Northern Illinois University, Ms. Koenig in 1984 had the distinction of becoming the first full-time woman mathematics faculty at Rock Valley College. In addition to being nominated for AMATYC's Excellence in Teaching Award, Diane Koenig was chosen as the Rock Valley College Faculty of the Year by her peers in 2005, and, in 2006, she was awarded the NISOD Teaching Excellence Award as well as the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community Colleges Award for Teaching Excellence. In addition to her teaching, Ms. Koenig has been an active member of the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community Colleges (IMACC). As a member, she has served on the board of directors, on a state-level task force rewriting the course outlines for the developmental mathematics courses, and as the association's newsletter editor. : Alan Tussy teaches all levels of developmental mathematics at Citrus College in Glendora, CA. He has written nine math books-a paperback series and a hard-cover series. An extraordinary author, he is dedicated to his students' success, relentlessly meticulous, creative, and a visionary who maintains a keen focus on his students' greatest challenges. Alan received his Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from the University of Redlands and his Master of Science degree in Applied Mathematics from California State University, Los Angeles. He has taught up and down the curriculum from prealgebra to differential equations. He is currently focusing on the developmental math courses. Professor Tussy is a member of the American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges.
- Author(s)Alan Tussy,Diane Koenig,R. Gustafson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1580 g
- Width217 mm
- Height275 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.