Introductory Chemistry: Atoms First by Steve Russo, Michael E. Silver (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $296.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $277.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn atoms-first approach for introductory, preparatory, basic chemistry courses Carrying through an atoms-first approach from the first four editions, and helping you focus on mastering the quantitative skills and conceptual kwledge you need to get a true understanding of chemistry, Russo and Silver's Introductory Chemistry, Fifth Edition continues the tradition of relevance that makes it so effective. Now including MasteringChemistry(R), the leading online homework, tutorial, and assessment product with a demonstrated record of helping students quickly master concepts, this Fifth Edition includes new opportunities for you to practice key concepts. MasteringChemistry provides seamless synergy with the text to create a dynamic learning program that enables you to learn both in and out of the classroom. With Russo and Silver's Introductory Chemistry, Fifth Edition and MasteringChemistry, you get a complete teaching and learning program that gives you critical tools for ensuring a successful introduction to chemistry, including: *An atoms-first approach to chemistry: Through an atoms-first approach used effectively in the previous four editions, you begin to learn starting from the building blocks of matter and progress to understanding complex concepts from a logical point of view and with a deep understanding. *Personalized, interactive learning for achieving proficiency of the concepts with MasteringChemistry: Self-paced tutorials guide you through the text's most challenging topics; provide immediate, specific feedback and reinforcement; and present varied content to keep you engaged and on track. *An emphasis on core concepts for solving quantitative and qualitative problems: Geta true understanding of introductory chemistry by using material that presents problem solving and comprehension as complimentary skills, rather than encouraging rote memorization. *Features that demonstrate how relevant chemistry concepts are in students' lives: A number of outstanding features that show chemistry as a fascinating science. Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringChemistry does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringChemistry search for ISBN-10: 0321926951 /ISBN-13: 9780321926951. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321927117 /ISBN-13: 9780321927118 and ISBN-10: 0321933729 /ISBN-13: 9780321933720. ' MasteringChemistry is t a self-paced techlogy and should only be purchased when required by an instructor. ' '
- Author BiographyMike Silver is a Professor Emeritus of Chemistry at Hope College. He received his B.S. in chemistry from Farleigh Dickinson University and his Ph.D. in inorganic chemistry from Cornell University. He is also a member of the American Chemical Society and past president of the West Michigan Section and a member of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists. He has received the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award for Excellence in Teaching and Research and the Provost's Award for Teaching Excellence. Steve Russo has taken an early retirement as a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry at Cornell University and is now teaching Chemistry part time at Ithaca College. Prior to that, he was an Assistant Professor at Indiana University. While there, he designed and implemented a state-of-the-art computer resource center for the undergraduate chemistry curriculum. He received his B.S. in chemistry from St. Francis College, and his Ph.D. in physical organic chemistry from Cornell University. He is a member of the American Chemical Society and has been a recipient of the Dupont Teaching Award, Clark Teaching Awards while at Cornell University, and an Amoco Distinguished Teaching Award from Indiana University.
- Author(s)Michael E. Silver,Steve Russo
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2014
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1819 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.