All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFood chemistry is the study of the underlying properties of foods and food ingredients. It seeks to understand how chemical systems behave in order to better control them to improve the nutritional value, safety, and culinary presentation of food. John W. Brady's comprehensive full-color textbook provides a key resource for students of the field.Designed for undergraduate and beginning graduate level courses, Introductory Food Chemistry explores traditional topics that students need to understand if they are to pursue careers in food in either academia or industry as well as many new and current topics t covered in other textbooks. These topics include mad cow disease, foods contaminated with melamine, acrylamide in baked foods, wine chemistry, allergens, genetically modified foods, as well as current understanding of dietary cholesterol, high fructose corn syrups, and artificial sweeteners.Authored by one of the leading scholars in the field, Introductory Food Chemistry deploys the most current understanding of the relationship between molecular structure and function for food proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids. The book also makes critical use of color figures that illustrate food transformations visually in three dimensions rather than relying on dry equations alone.
- Author BiographyJohn W. Brady is Professor in the Department of Food Science at Cornell University, where he has taught introductory food chemistry courses for over twenty years. He is coeditor of Computer Modeling of Carbohydrate Molecules and Modelling Molecular Structure and Reactivity in Biological Systems. He has also served on the editorial boards of Food Biophysics, Chemical Design Automation News, and Biopolymers.
- Author(s)John W. Brady
- PublisherCornell University Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationIthaca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintComstock Publishing Associates
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2903 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine51 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.98Trending at AU $78.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.