Introductory Mathematics and Statistics for Islamic Finance by Noureddine Krichene, Abbas Mirakhor (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $57.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA unique primer on quantitative methods as applied to Islamic finance Introductory Mathematics and Statistics for Islamic Finance + Website is a comprehensive guide to quantitative methods, specifically as applied within the realm of Islamic finance. With applications based on research, the book provides readers with the working kwledge of math and statistics required to understand Islamic finance theory and practice. The numerous worked examples give students with various backgrounds a uniform set of common tools for studying Islamic finance. The in-depth study of finance requires a strong foundation in quantitative methods. Without a good grasp of math, probability, and statistics, published theoretical and applied works in Islamic finance remain out of reach. Unlike a typical math text, this book guides students through only the methods that directly apply to Islamic finance, without wasting time on irrelevant techniques. Each chapter contains a detailed explanation of the topic at hand, followed by an example based on real situations encountered in Islamic finance. Topics include: * Algebra and matrices * Calculus and differential equations * Probability theory * Statistics Written by leading experts on the subject, the book serves as a useful primer on the analysis methods and techniques students will encounter in published research, as well as day-to-day operations in finance. Anyone aspiring to be successful in Islamic finance needs these skills, and Introductory Mathematics and Statistics for Islamic Finance + Website is a clear, concise, and highly relevant guide.
- Author BiographyABBAS MIRAKHOR is first Chair of Islamic Finance at the International Center for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF). Formerly, he served as Dean of the Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and as Executive Director representing Afghanistan, Algeria, Ghana, Iran, Morocco, Pakistan, and Tunisia. NOUREDDINE KRICHENE taught Islamic finance at INCEIF, Malaysia, was an economist with the International Monetary Fund, and acted as an advisor to the Islamic Development Bank in Saudi Arabia.
- Author(s)Abbas Mirakhor,Noureddine Krichene
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication19/08/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight812 g
- Width181 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.