All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe result of the na education project run by the Korean Na Techlogy Initiative, this has been recommended for use as official textbook by the Korean Natechlogy Research Society. The author is highly experienced in teaching both physics and engineering in academia and industry, and naturally adopts an interdisciplinary approach here. He is short on formulations but long on applications, allowing students to understand the essential workings of quantum mechanics without spending too much time covering the wide realms of physics. He takes care to provide sufficient technical background and motivation for students to pursue further studies of advanced quantum mechanics and stresses the importance of translating quantum insights into useful and tangible invations and inventions. As such, this is the only work to cover semiconductor natechlogy from the perspective of introductory quantum mechanics, with applications including mainstream semiconductor techlogies as well as (na)devices, ranging from photodetectors, laser diodes, and solar cells to transistors and Schottky contacts. Problems are also provided to test the reader's understanding and supplementary material available includes working presentation files, solutions and instructors manuals.
- Author BiographyDae Mann Kim is Professor of Computational Sciences, Korea Institute for Advanced Study. A physicist by training (PhD in physics, Yale University) but an engineer by profession, Kim started his teaching career at Rice University before moving to Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology and later to POSTECH (S. Korea). He has over 25 years experience teaching quantum mechanics to senior students from engineering, materials science and physics departments. In the last three 3 years he has been teaching quantum mechanics for nanotechnology to entering graduate students at the Advanced Institute for Nano Technology, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea. Collaborating extensively with industrial labs over the years, Kim offered short courses to working engineers at Samsung and LG while on sabbatical there. Professor Kim has served as the chair of the curriculum committee of the Korean Nano Technology Research Society, which is entrusted with writing textbooks on quantum mechanics, and nanoscience and technology. Kim has over 100 publications on the quantum theory of lasers, quantum electronics and micro and nano electronics. He is a Fellow of the Korean Academy of Science and Technology and has also served as Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems Video Technology.
- Author(s)Dae Mann Kim
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication24/03/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1092 g
- Width179 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.