All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.78Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.50Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $9.26Trending at AU $12.51
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $25.79
About this product
- DescriptionImagine a near-future city, say London, where medical science has advanced beyond our own and a single-dose pill has been developed that, taken when pregnant, eradicates many common genetic defects from an unborn child. Hope Morrison, mother of a hyperactive four-year-old, is expecting her second child. She refuses to take The Fix, as the pill is kwn. This divides her family and friends and puts her and her husband in danger of imprisonment or worse. Is her decision a private matter of individual choice, or is it tantamount to willful neglect of her unborn child? A plausible and original vel with sinister echoes of 1984 and Brave New World.
- Author BiographySince graduating from Glasgow University in 1976, Ken MacLeod has worked as a computer analyst in Edinburgh. He now writes full time.
- PrizesLong-listed for Wellcome Trust Book Prize 2012.
- Author(s)Ken MacLeod
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight656 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.