All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.69
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.73
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.70
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.51
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.00
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.91
About this product
- DescriptionUses unique cultural items to t only teach counting but also cultural literacy This counting book uses everyday Inuit tools to teach babies rudimentary counting skills. From items that are familiar to many North Americans, such as kayaks, sleds, and spears, to lesser-kwn tools, such as the ulu and a stone cooking lamp, this book is a culturally unique counting book for any parent looking to expose their children to the culture of the Arctic. The book contains Inuktitut words in syllabics, one of two common writing systems used by Inuktitut speakers, and also includes the same Inuktitut words written in Roman orthography and English, so that n-Inuktitut speakers will be able to sound out the Inuktitut terms.
- Author BiographyInhabit Media is a Canadian, Inuit-owned publishing company that aims to promote and preserve the stories, knowledge, and talent of Northern Canada. They are located in Iqaluit, Nunavut.
- Author(s)Inhabit Media
- PublisherInhabit Media
- Date of Publication06/04/2015
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInhabit Media
- Weight277 g
- Width175 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.