All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow can parents, educators, business leaders and policy makers nurture creativity, prepare for inventiveness and stimulate invation? One compelling answer, this book argues, lies in fostering the invention of imaginary worlds, a.k.a. worldplay. First emerging in middle childhood, this complex form of make-believe draws lifelong energy from the fruitful combustions of play, imagination and creativity. Inventing imaginary worlds develops the skills society needs for inventing the future.
- Author BiographyMichele Root-Bernstein is an historian, a haiku poet, an independent scholar in creativity studies affiliated with Michigan State University and a teaching artist associated with the John F. Kennedy Center. Co-author of the book, Sparks of Genius, The Thirteen Thinking Tools of the World's Most Creative People, she researches, lectures, workshops, writes and blogs on the practices and processes of creative imagination in all walks of life.
- Author(s)Michelle Root-Bernstein
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication13/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight594 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.89Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.