All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInventing Scrooge uncovers the real-life inspirations from Charles Dickens own world that led to the fascinating creation of his most beloved tale: A Christmas Carol. When Charles Dickens created the story that would become A Christmas Carol, little did he kw that his ghostly little book would reinvent the way we celebrate Christmas. From a graveyard in Edinburgh to the Marshalsea Prison in London to his schoolboy years in Chatham and even his lifelong fascination with dance, so much of Dickens past and present are woven into the characters and themes of A Christmas Carol. And by understanding the story behind the story, readers will come to embrace the holiday classic all the more. To this day, we look to the Christmas season as a time of warmth and celebration among family, friends, and strangers alike. And every year at Christmastime, t only do our lives get better for all the festivity, but we get better, as people. Just like Ebenezer Scrooge.
- Author BiographyCarlo DeVito is a notable publisher, editor, winemaker, and author of over a dozen books, including A Mark Twain Christmas. His books have been reviewed in The Wall Street Journal, The Christian Science Monitor, and other national newspapers. As an editor and publisher, Carlo has acquired, edited, and published such authors as Stephen Hawking, Malachy McCourt, John Edgar Wideman, Stanley Crouch, Dee Brown, Dan Rather, Arthur M. Schlesinger Jr., Eleanor Clift, Susie Bright, Jane Goodall, Philip Caputo, Julia Alvarez, Budd Schulberg, Haynes Johnson, Dr. Howard Shapiro, Bo Dietl, Thomas Hoving, Peter Kaminisky, and Penelope Hobhouse. Carlo and his wife own the highly acclaimed Hudson-Chatha Winery in Ghent, NY.
- Author(s)Carlo DeVito
- PublisherSterling Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCider Mills Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight431 g
- Width133 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.