All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThoughtfully re-edited with the student reader in mind and featuring expanded coverage of women in the military, women's healthcare, divorce, and women of colour - especially Spanish speaking, American Indian, African American, and Asian American - this well-balanced interpretive account of women's experiences as they shaped and were shaped by American history resounds as a remarkable feat of insight and inclusion.
- Author BiographyGlenda Riley is Alexander M. Bracken Professor of History Emeritus at Ball State University. Formerly, she was professor of history and director of the Women's Studies Program at the University of Northern Iowa. Professor Riley has also served as visiting endowed professor at University College, Dublin; Marquette University; and Mesa State College, In addition to authoring four editions of Inventing the American Women, Professor Riley has written The Life and Legacy of Annie Oakley (1994), A Place to Grow: Women in the American West (1992), Divorce: An American Tradition (1991), The Female Frontier: A Comparative View of Women on the Prairie and Plains (1988), Women and Indians on the Frontier, 1825-1915 (1984), Frontierswomen: The Iowa Experience (1981; 2d ed., 1994), Women and Nature: Saving the Wild West (1999), Taking Land, Breaking Land: Women Colonizing the American West and Kenya, 1840-1940 (2003), and Confronting Race: Women and Indians on the Frontier, 1815-1915 (2004), as ell as numerous published articles, reviews, and chapters in edited volumes. Professor Riley now lives on a horse ranch in historic Lincoln County, New Mexico, and is a member of such organizations as the Lincoln County Historical Society and the Lincoln County Sheriff's Posse.
- Author(s)Glenda Riley
- PublisherHarlan Davidson Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationWheeling IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarlan Davidson Inc
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight440 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.