All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionI am very glad to present you with the first issue of inventor-musicae, year 2013, published in 2014. The booklet you are holding is intended to be a yearly publication, summarizing information about selected publications I did during the year. Those include CD's and DVD's issued, articles published and music compositions released as printed music scores and CD's. I plan this publication to be informative and worth archiving. It is t intended as just a Newsletter of what I did but, rather, an instigation towards further productive discussion which may be started online by connecting with me on several social networks I am involved with. I include here only selected articles from many I publish during the year. Most of them are related to my recordings. This issue of the inventor-musicae includes point-of-view articles about the Etudes by Chopin, an overview about Toccatas by J.S. Bach and others. It subsumes descriptive articles on some of my recordings such as Cesar Franck and Paul Dukas pia works, the last four sonatas by J. Haydn and the publication of my own compositions for pia and for orchestra (the Psalms).
- Author BiographyMehmet Okonsar, pianist, composer, conductor and musicologist is the First Prize Winner at the International Young Virtuosos Competition, Antwerp, Belgium, 1982 and laureate of other prestigious international piano competitions such as the Gina Bachauer, Sixth Prize, Salt Lake City-UT, 1991 and J. S. Bach, Second Prize, Paris, France 1989. He is graduated from the Brussels Royal Conservatory of Music on piano, composition and orchestration. He studied with Jean-Claude Vanden Eynden and Madame Jacqueline Fontyn. He has been a pupil of Alexis Weissenberg. Mehmet Okonsar performed in major concert halls in Europe, North America and Japan both solo and orchestral. He was special guest judge for the National Piano Competition of Japan (1999) P.T.N.A. (To-On). His researches in music related technologies were broadcast in a series of documentaries presented by the artist on the National Broadcast of Turkey (TRT). Mr. Okonsar is a prolific composer of orchestral, chamber, choral and piano music. His composing line is highly avant-garde and complex. Also a musicologist, writer and lecturer, Mr. Okonsar's writings are published in English and French and he is lecturing on music, composing and related technology. His recital programs are usually highly eclectic and often thematic mixing works by A. Webern, A. Berg, I. Stravinsky, K. Stockhausen, P. Boulez and L. Berio with the more traditional piano repertoire.
- Author(s)Mehmet Okonsar
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.