All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Inventory of Paintings of Cardinal Pietro Ottoboni (1667-1740) is the study of the inventory of more than 500 art works, assembled on the death of Cardinal Pietro Ottoboni who had been vice-chancellor of the Church for fifty years. The cardinal's commissions are distinguished from the 387 paintings inherited from his great-uncle, Pope Alexander VIII, in 1691. The cardinal's taste and patronage are characterized from approximately 100 works identified in modern collections. Other archival information, diary accounts, artists' biographies, testaments, and guidebooks are consulted for insights into the cardinal's collecting habits.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Edward J. Olszewski received his Ph.D. in art history from the University of Minnesota in 1974. He is Professor of Art History at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, and is the author of books and catalogues on Renaissance art theory, Italian Renaissance drawings, papal tombs, and Baroque palace decoration, as well as numerous articles on topics of Renaissance and Baroque art.
- Author(s)Edward J. Olszewski
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies, Series 20: Fine Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number36
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note104 ill.
- Weight740 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.