All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDO YOU NEED TO DE-STRESS YOUR BODY? Inversion therapy is an ancient way of decompressing and reducing stress on the spine. The discs between the bones of the spine are quite soft and gravity naturally compresses them over the years. It's one of the reasons we often lose height as we age. The discs get smaller and more compressed over time - they can even leak and irritate surrounding nerves. Decompressing your spine by lying or hanging upside down allows the discs to expand. It also reduces nerve pressure and allows the spine to realign. The father of medicine, Hippocrates, is kwn to have invented a form of inversion around 400 BC for his patients by using a system of ladders and ropes to relieve pressure on their spines. Inversion can relieve back pain and sciatica and brings numerous other benefits as well, including: Preventing loss of height Anti-aging Reducing stress Improving posture Help insomnia Improved digestion and elimination Improved hormones Better menstruation/mepause Better mood Brighter complexion Increased hair growth Plus many more This book explains why it works, how it works, and how to get started. You'll discover the different types of inversion equipment, including approximate prices and the advantages & disadvantages of each. By regularly inverting, you could make a massive difference to your health. The cost is minimal compared to the benefits. Slant boards cost from just $50, or you could make your own following the guidance in this book. All you need is a long piece of plywood, some wood to make a frame for the plywood top, and a piece of carpet as a covering (essential so it isn't slippy!). Inverting is unusual in that it is relaxing yet invigorating. Inverting in the mornings is a great way to start your day and inverting before bed is very relaxing and can help sleep (especially when done as part of a regularly bedtime routine). BEAUTY BENEFITS The beauty benefits of inversion are one of its best-kept secrets. When we invert, we urish our facial skin with fresh blood flow. That means extra nutrients and oxygen. Lymph flow is also increased, taking wastes away more efficiently. The result is skin that looks and feels years younger. It plumps up, brightens, and glows. Not to be overlooked is the effect on hair. Providing better blood flow to the head means that the hair is more urished - resulting in stronger, glossy hair that grows more quickly than you can believe! CONTRAINDICATIONS While the benefits of inversion therapy are many, sadly there are people who are unable to invert due to certain health conditions. The main ones are cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and glaucoma. That's because inversion temporarily raises blood pressure. Pregnancy is ather condition that may mean inversion is - temporarily - t a great idea. To be safe, it really is best to check with your physician before starting inversion - just in case you have an undiagsed illness that would be contraindicated, or something that you physician kws could be made worse by inverting. If you can't invert or have to stop temporarily, you can improve your health tremendously by doing a few simple things: * Don't lean forward habitually when sitting. * Don't hold your breath - many of us do while working on a computer (it's called 'email apnea', a wonderful term invented by the techlogy writer Linda Stone). * Take up regular swimming. The movement is very beneficial and the bouyancy of the water reduces the effect of gravity on the body. These tips are covered in more detail in Appendix 1 in the book.
- Author(s)Mia Campbell
- PublisherGreen Pony Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreen Pony Press, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.