All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe book will concentrate on the investment style of Business Perspective Investing, as practiced by Benjamin Graham and Warren Buffett. It will take the reader through the realisation that the thought process involved when buying shares in a company is different to buying the company in its entirety. Beginning with how to assess the quality of a business, it will explain and illustrate with examples what to look for in company accounts, how to determine the value drivers of a business, the strength of its franchise and how to interpret key financial ratios and performance indicators. It will discuss the ideal characteristics of a business worthy of investment so that the reader will develop a mental checklist of what to look out for. Next, the book will set out a number of valuation methods to determine the likely ecomic worth of a company. It is against this estimate that a judgement can be made as to whether the share price offers good value. The book will conclude with thoughts on portfolio construction, in particular Focus Investing, where a concentrated approach is taken, and legitimate reasons for deciding to sell a holding.Throughout, the emphasis will be on the methodology used to manage the SDL UK Buffettology Fund.
- Author BiographyKeith graduated with a BSc (Hons) degree in Astrophysics before studying for a Master's degree in Management Studies at Imperial College. His career spans over thirty years in equity capital markets, working in company investment analysis, corporate finance and fund management. He has been Head of Research at Henry Cooke, Lumsden and Daiwa Securities and for many years was Chief Analyst at the investment publication Analyst. He is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment, having formerly been an individual member of the Stock Exchange. He holds the Investment Management Certificate of the United Kingdom Society of Investment Professionals. Prior to setting up Sanford DeLand Asset Management Ltd and the UK Buffettology Fund, he was a self-employed Consultant working with a variety of stockbroking, fund management and private investor clients. In recent years, he has won four stock picking awards conferred by Thomson-Reuters Star Mine. He is regarded as one of the foremost authorities on the investment philosophy of Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger and a keen student of the teachings of Benjamin Graham and Philip Fisher.
- Author(s)Keith Ashworth-Lord
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication27/07/2016
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width138 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.