All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst aired in 2001, Alias is a spy drama with a central action heroine, a complex narrative of moral twists, turns, lies and double-crosses, and an imaginative array of gadgets, gizmos and glamorous costumes. It has become a leading cult television series with a loyal fan following. In the wake of 9/11, Alias' themes of doubles and duplicity have been perfectly placed to comment on global relations and the personal paraias of post 9/11 citizens. But as much as Alias reflects contemporary global politics, at its core are themes of family and relationships. The series is ending with a bang in 2006 and Investigating Alias is the first book to give a full and fascinating examination of the series in its entirety, with a complete episode guide. Placing the series within the wider context of American Quality Television and the spy genre, contributors consider the central role of family, race, gender and moral ambiguity in Alias . They also focus on the creator of Alias , JJ Abrams, and discuss the development and influence of the fan world beyond the series with in-depth studies of DVD releases, tie-in, fan and slash fiction. is the first book to give a full and fascinating examination of the series in its entirety, with a complete episode guide.
- Author BiographyStacey Abbott is a Senior Lecturer in Film and Television Studies at Roehampton University and is the editor of Reading Angel: The TV Spin-Off with a Soul (I.B. Tauris, 2005). She is General Editor of the Investigating Cult TV Series with Tauris. Simon Brown is a Senior Lecturer in Film Studies at Kingston University. He has published articles on early erotica, British colour films and the Titanic and most recently was Senior Research Fellow for The London Project, mapping the growth of the film industry in London from its origins up to 1914.
- Author(s)Simon Brown,Stacey Abbott
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication29/06/2007
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleInvestigating Cult TV Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $36.00
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.