All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of quality of urban life involves both an objective approach to analysis using spatially aggregated secondary data and a subjective approach using unit record survey data whereby people provide subjective evaluations of QOL domains. This book provides a comprehensive overview of theoretical perspectives on QOUL and methodological approaches to research design to investigate QOUL and measure QOL dimensions. It incorporates empirical investigations into QOUL in a range of cities across the world.
- Author BiographyRobert W. Marans is a research professor at the Institute for Social Research and a professor emeritus of architecture and urban planning in the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning at the University of Michigan. During the past 30 years, Dr. Marans has conducted evaluative studies and research dealing with various aspects of communities, neighborhoods, housing, and parks and recreation and recreational facilities. His research has focused on user requirements and the manner in which attributes of the physical and sociocultural environments influence individual and group behavior and the quality of community life. Much of Dr. Marans' research has been in the context of urban areas. His current research considers the impact of the built and natural environments on quality of life, the role of neighborhood in the health of Detroit residents, and issues of sustainability in the workplace. The latter examines the human aspects of energy conservation and sustainability at the University of Michigan. Marans is a registered architect and is active in recreation planning and policy in southeastern Michigan. He is a charter member and president of the Washtenaw County Parks and Recreation commission and commissioner of the Huron-Clinton Metropolitan Authority (HCMA), the governing body responsible for the planning, development, and operations of the metroparks throughout Southeastern Michigan. He serves on the board of the Michigan Land Use Institute, and is a trustee of the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy. He has also been a trustee of the Washtenaw Land Trust and served on the executive committee of the University of Michigan's Transportation Research Institute and the University's Center for Local, State, and Urban Policy. Dr. Marans is the author or co-author of 7 books and more than 100 articles and technical reports. He has lectured extensively throught the US and in Europe, Asia, South Africa, Brazil and the Middle East.
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleSocial Indicators Research Series
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note98 black & white tables, biography
- Weight865 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJ. Gao,Robert J. Stimson,Robert W. Marans
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.