All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigative Reporter features two Tank Tooley mystery thrillers in one vel, 'Tracking The Star Killer' and 'Tracking The Avenger: Back to the Beginning'. The 2011 vel launches a series featuring the former disabled NYC cop and hero of 9/ll turned freelance reporter for The Crime Journal. In book one, Tank narrates his hunt for the murderer of Hollywood starlets before they can burst into stardom, backed by his team of beautiful Rachel 'Rache' Brinks, electronics genius Chan 'Gizmo' Lee, muscleman transporter Rod 'Belch' Belcher, and albi master-of-disguise Luke 'Lucky' Chance. Police expertise is provided by veteran LAPD Homicide Detective Damian Cann and Danish criminal profiler Adela Iversen. The intrepid investigative reporter confronts his taunting and elusive foe in a mind-bending climax that unfolds on an Oceanside pier during a raging midnight thunderstorm. There the shocking identity of The Star Killer is finally revealed. Book two is an epic multi-generational thriller that explores the early lives of Tank and Domenico Patriani, the Italian savant clergyman who evolves into The Avenger, the killer of gays for Godsatan, an entity only he sees through the eyes of The Shroud of Turin. Tank's story unfolds in the Bronx and Chelsea Section of Manhattan, and Domenico's in the rthern Italian Alps, Rome and Turin then New York City. The bizarre final confrontation of Tank with The Avenger and his priest brother, Father Marcello, takes place on 9/11/01 inside Christ Episcopal Church near The World Trade Center's Ground Zero, where Tank goes on to become a grievously injured hero. Future Investigative Reporter vels featuring Tank and the team will include 'The Politics of Murder' set in Washington D.C. that deals with evil politicians, 'The Labyrinth of Evil' set in New York and London that delves into corporate corruption, and 'Run, Jump, Die' set in Las Vegas that examines illegal gambling and sports fixes. Series Author Jack J. Prather is a multiple award-winning former journalist, freelance writer and poet, and served as political adviser to two congressmen and two state legislators. The former crime reporter, political consultant and sports editor relies on actual experience for his characters and plots.
- Author BiographyJack J. Prather - 2011 Bio The Investigative Reporter two-part mystery thriller novel opens with Tracking The Star Killer and concludes with Tracking The Avenger. This book launches a series featuring Investigative Reporter Thomas 'Tank' Tooley and his colorful and dynamic support team. Next on tap are The Politics of Murder set in Washington D.C. then Run, Jump, Die set in Las Vegas that explores the dangers of illegal sports gambling and fixes. Jack authored The Day of the Knights in 2008 and Speaking Up in Poetry & Prose in 2007, now featured at the Carl Sandburg National Historic Site where his Sandburg Homage is on display. He wrote the strategic guidebooks All PR is Local (2004 Booksurge) and The PR Bluebook (1986 S-W Press), and The Power of PR video (1991 WSUS-TV), and has written numerous freelance articles and opinion pieces. During thirteen years for two newspapers as a crime and court reporter, sports editor and editorial columnist, he earned seven NJPA awards, including Best Column/All Divisions, and several magazine writing honors. As a Public Relations Strategist, he received The Award of Distinction from The National Communicators, was the consultant for the 1993 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Small-Business winner honored by President Clinton in Washington D.C., founded the regional Playboy Resort Foundation where he was PR Director for 10 years, consulted on the casino gaming initiative in New Jersey, served as political adviser and campaign consultant to two Congressmen and two state legislators, and was the crisis consultant to a wide variety of clients. The New York City native and wife Pam relocated to western North Carolina from New Jersey via Virginia in 2005.
- Author(s)Jack J Prather
- Date of Publication18/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.