All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive guide to creating a powerful strategy for investments in credit hedge funds. Following the credit crisis that rocked the global markets, many investors were left with a great sense of unease. However, when faced with historically low interest rates in a world awash with liquidity, they flocked back into the credit market. But this wave of liquidity will soon come to an end. Investors are grappling with their need for return generation while trying to navigate an increasingly volatile credit market. Given its inherent flexibility, the hedge fund structure is ideal for investing in the credit market. In Investing in Credit Hedge Funds, PAAMCO credit strategist Putri Pascualy shows how to profit from a variety of credit-focused investments, including: High-Yield Bonds - capitalize on the inefficiencies in the market for levered companies; Stressed / Distressed Markets - develop mastery of the bankruptcy and reorganization processes to spot your best opportunities; Bank Loans - take advantage of loans' structural seniority and collateral while navigating credit, liquidity, and operational risk; Convertible Bonds - apply trading acumen to invest in hybrid instruments that combine the best features of bonds and equities; Sovereign Debt - Understand the difference between the corporate and sovereign bond market and manage the macroecomic risks in a credit portfolio. Investing in Credit Hedge Funds provides in-depth research on the most commonly used structuring vehicles, the legal rights and responsibilities of all parties, and the pros and cons of separately managed accounts. It provides practical, expert advice on conducting operational due diligence and best practices in mitigating counter party risks to avoid the fates of those who suffered losses as Bear Stearns, Lehman Brothers, and MF Global went down. And it reveals practical risk-management techniques unique to credit investing. Investing in Credit Hedge Funds provides a fully rounded education in creating a powerful credit portfolio that will instantly put you ahead of the investing pack. Praise for Investing In Credit Hedge Funds: Read this book if you want to understand how a leading hedge fund-of-fund investor evaluates distressed credit opportunities in the aftermath of the financial crisis. (Bruce Brittain, Executive Vice President, Product Management Group, PIMCO). Arms the institutional investor with the tools to conduct a more robust evaluation of a credit hedge fund's strategy, structure, and operational credibility. It is a practical resource for the diversified institutional investor. (Susan Ridlen, Assistant Treasurer, Eli Lilly and Company). Provides insight for investors to become more equipped to deal with the ever-evolving credit markets in the future. (Lorraine Spurge, CEO of Maplestone Capital Advisors, LLC).
- Author BiographyPUTRI PASCUALY is the senior credit strategist and a portfolio manager at Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company (PAAMCO). She is responsible for managing investment portfolios on behalf of leading institutional investors. She specializes in evaluating global opportunities in corporate credit and distressed debt. Ms. Pascualy has led the research and structuring of large institutional mandates, where she utilized hedge funds and complex alternative investment strategies as part of innovative portfolio solutions for global investors.
- Author(s)Putri Pascualy
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight533 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.