Investing with Anthony Bolton: The Anatomy of a Stock Market Winner by Jonathan Davis, Anthony Bolton (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.12+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.80+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho is the most successful investment manager in Britain? Arguments could rage forever, but professional would dispute that Anthony Bolton of Fidelity is among the very best. GBP1,000 invested in his Special Situations fund at its launch in 1979 was worth more than GBP125,000 twenty seven years later. No other mainstream UK fund manager has put together such a consistently impressive performance over such a long period. The 125-fold increase represents an average compound growth rate of more than 20 per cent per annum, or 7 per cent per annum greater than the FTSE All-Share Index over the same period. This track record of sustained outperformance stands comparison with that of the greatest American investment superstars such as Warren Buffett and Peter Lynch. For many years, until the fund was voluntarily split in 2006, Fidelity Special Situations was easily the largest and most popular fund in the UK. What are the secrets of Anthony Bolton's success? This important book, w fully revised and updated, takes an in-depth look at the way that Bolton goes about his business and analyses in detail the fund's outstanding performance.Anthony Bolton gives his own personal account of the history of the fund, explains why he believes his contrarian stockpicking methods have worked so well for so long and summarises the lessons he has learnt from his long and successful career. This book is required reading for anyone with a personal or professional interest in investment. It is a fully revised and updated second edition with 25 pages of new material and graphics. It is the only full-length book to analyse in detail the strategies and techniques used by the UK's number one professional investor. It offers detailed analysis of the performance of his funds and the lessons that investors can draw from its exceptional track record. It is written jointly by Anthony Bolton and one of the UK's best kwn financial authors, a leading authority on the fund management business.
- Author BiographyAnthony Bolton left Cambridge University with a degree in engineering to start a career in the City. In 1979, aged 29, he was recruited by Fidelity, the American fund management group, as one of its first London-based investment managers, a move that proved to be the launch of a long and successful career as an investment manager. In surveys of professional investors, he is regularly voted the fund manager most respected by his peers. He will be retiring from full-time investment management at the end of 2007, while continuing to work part-time at Fidelity and spending more time on his charitable interests and his hobby, composing classical music. Anthony Bolton is married with three children and lives in Sussex. Jonathan Davis has been analysing and writing about financial markets for 25 years. His early career was spent as a business journalist on national newspapers, including The Sunday Telegraph, The Times and The Economist. He later set up his own specialist writing, consultancy and publishing business and has been writing a popular column about investment in The Independent since 1995 and is also a regular contributor to the Financial Times and Spectator . He is the author of three books, two on investment and one on the game of bridge, and the founder and chairman of Independent Investor LLP, which specialises in publishing high quality material on money and investment, including books, reports and a specialist newsletter. www.independent-investor.com.
- Author(s)Anthony Bolton,Jonathan Davis
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight372 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.