All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe recent financial and banking crisis did reveal the discrepancy between internal management rules and the demands for stability within the divisions of corporate and investment banking by universal banks or within pure investment banks. Their mastership of risks did t balance the variety and breadth of operations, at the expense of transparent and well-structured balance sheets. The book intends to fuel comparisons between historical national case studies and present evolution of investment banking. It will foster arguments about the management of risks, about the portfolio of skills of investment bankers, about the role of senior bankers. Two chapters of issues and of present assessments help giving sense to history through the mobilisation of concepts crossing decades till the recent years, so as to favour deeper thinking about the very nature and good practices of investment banking.
- Author BiographyHubert Bonin is professor in modern economic history at Sciences Po Bordeaux and a member of the GRETHA research centre at Bordeaux University. He is a specialist in the history of services companies, and moreover in French banking history (regional banks, Paris deposit, corporate and investment banks, with several published monography books and a few handbooks). He is currently preparing a large history of French Societe generale. Carlo Brambilla is lecturer in Economic History in the Department of Economics at the University of Insubria. He got his PhD in Economic History from the Department of Economics, University of Pisa, in 2003. He has been a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Economics, University of Bologna and a research fellow at the Economic History Unit, Bocconi University. His main research interests are in financial and banking history. His research focusses especially on issues such as patterns of banking systems.
- Author(s)Carlo Brambilla,Hubert Bonin
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleEuroclio
- Series Part/Volume Number78
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2014
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note66, 66 Tabl.
- Weight740 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.