All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Investment Planning, two of the best-kwn authors in the investment planning field, Geoffrey A. Hirt and Stanley B. Block, have joined forces with finance expert, Somnath Basu, to show financial planners how to successfully manage their clients' investments consistent with their personal objectives and levels of risk tolerance. This landmark book carefully explains the essential theory required to understand how financial markets work_and describes step by step how best to diversify and balance a portfolio of investments to reduce risk and increase expected returns. Ranging from fixed-income securities, common and preferred stock, and mutual funds!to options, futures, derivatives, and other investment vehicles, Investment Planning cuts through the complexities of today's burgeoning financial landscape with clear, concise accounts of: Types and uses of investment vehicles Types of investment risk Measures of investment risk Measures of investment returns Time-influenced security valuation concepts Bond and stock valuation methods Portfolio management and measurement concepts Formula investing Investment strategies Asset allocation and diversification EMT Asset pricing models Leverage of investment assets Hedging and option strategies Tax efficient investing Investment strategies in tax-advantaged accounts Taxation of investment vehicles An excellent resource for preparing for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) exam, this comprehensive reference also includes real-world case studies and listings of investment websites in each chapter_plus a broad array of at-a-glance charts and tables. Authoritative and completely up-to-date, Investment Planning w offers professionals all the tools, techniques, and guidance they need to seize new opportunities in the financial marketplace and maximize returns on their clients' investments!
- Author BiographyGeoffrey A. Hirt is a professor of finance atDePaul University. Stanley B. Block is a professor of finance atTexas Christian University. Somnath Basu is an associate professorof finance at California Lutheran University.
- Author(s)Geoffrey A. Hirt,Somnath Basu,Stanley B. Block
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight1128 g
- Width226 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.