Investment Theory and Risk Management by Steven Peterson (Mixed media product, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $170.83+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionA unique perspective on applied investment theory and risk management from the Senior Risk Officer of a major pension fund Investment Theory and Risk Management is a practical guide to today's investment environment. The book's sophisticated quantitative methods are examined by an author who uses these methods at the Virginia Retirement System and teaches them at the Virginia Commonwealth University. In addition to showing how investment performance can be evaluated, using Jensen's Alpha, Sharpe's Ratio, and DDM, he delves into four types of optimal portfolios (one that is fully invested, one with targeted returns, ather with short sales, and one with capped investment allocations). In addition, the book provides valuable insights on risk, and topics such as amalies, factor models, and active portfolio management. Other chapters focus on private equity, structured credit, optimal rebalancing, data problems, and Monte Carlo simulation. * Contains investment theory and risk management spreadsheet models based on the author's own real-world experience with stock, bonds, and alternative assets * Offers a down-to-earth guide that can be used on a daily basis for making common financial decisions with a new level of quantitative sophistication and rigor * Written by the Director of Research and Senior Risk Officer for the Virginia Retirement System and an Associate Professor at Virginia Commonwealth University's School of Business Investment Theory and Risk Management empowers both the technical and n-technical reader with the essential kwledge necessary to understand and manage risks in any corporate or ecomic environment.
- Author BiographySteven Peterson is the Director of Research and Senior Risk Officer for the Virginia Retirement System and an Associate Professor at Virginia Commonwealth University's School of Business. He is directly responsible for the measurement, forecasting, and attribution of risk at both the program and plan levels, with risk broadly defined to include various market and nonmarket risks. Peterson has done consulting for Crestar Investment Bank, SunTrust Bank, Ford Motor Company, Virginia Center for Urban Development (VCU Center for Public Policy), Virginia Department of Social Services, Virginia Division of Child Support Enforcement, LandAmerica, Virginia Retirement System, and Virginia Department of Corrections.
- Author(s)Steven Peterson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Finance Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and Online resource
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.