All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive guide to investment analysis and portfolio management by an expert team from the CFA Institute In a world of specialization, other profession likely requires such broad, yet in-depth kwledge than that of financial analyst. Financial analysts must t only possess a broad understanding of the financial markets-including structure, organization, efficiency, portfolio management, risk and return, and planning and construction-but they must also have a strong sense of how to evaluate industries and companies prior to engaging in an analysis of a specific stock. Investments: Principles of Portfolio and Equity Analysis provides the broad-based kwledge professionals and students of the markets need to manage money and maximize return. The book * Details market structure and functions, market amalies, secondary market basics, and regulation * Describes investment assets and asset classes, types of positions and orders, as well as forecasting methodologies * Discusses return and risk characteristics, portfolio diversification and management, the basics of both technical analysis and major technical indicators, and much more * A companion Workbook, which includes learning outcomes, summary overviews, and problems and solutions sections is available and sold separately Investments provides readers unparalleled access to the best in professional quality information on investment analysis and portfolio management.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL G. MCMILLAN, CFA is Director, Ethics and Professional Standards in the Education Division of CFA Institute. Dr. McMillan joined CFA Institute in 2008 after more than a decade as a professor of accounting and finance at Johns Hopkins University's Carey Business School and The George Washington University's School of Business. He has a doctorate in accounting and finance from The George Washington University, an MBA from Stanford University, and a BA from the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. McMillan is a member of the CFA Society of Washington, DC and the East African Society of Investment Professionals. JERALD E. PINTO, CFA is Director, Curriculum Projects, in the Education Division of CFA Institute. Before coming to CFA Institute in 2002, he consulted to corporations, foundations, and partnerships in investment planning, portfolio analysis, and quantitative analysis. He has also worked in the investment and banking industries in New York City and taught finance at New York University's Stern School of Business. He holds an MBA from Baruch College, a PhD in finance from the Stern School, and earned his CFA charter in 1992. WENDY L. PIRIE, CFA is Director, Curriculum Projects, in the Education Division of CFA Institute. Prior to joining CFA Institute in 2008, she taught finance, accounting, statistics, taxation, business law, and marketing for over twenty years at both large and small, public and private universities, religious colleges, and military academies. Her work has been published in Journal of Financial Research and Journal of Economics and Finance. She holds a PhD from Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario and MBAs fromthe Universities of Toronto and Calgary. GERHARD VAN DE VENTER, CFA is Deputy Head of the School of Finance and Economics at University of Technology, Sydney. He was previously director, Curriculum Projects, in the Education Division of CFA Institute. He began his career in South Africa as a financial analyst and later as a dealer at the Bond Exchange, where he traded fixed income securities. He holds a PhD in finance from the University of Technology, Sydney. He is a member of CFA Institute and the New York Society of Security Analysts.
- Author(s)Gerhard Van de Venter,Jerald E. Pinto,Michael G. McMillan,Wendy L. Pirie
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2011
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleCFA Institute Investment Series
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1302 g
- Width188 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Foreword byLawrence E. Kochard
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.