About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of a killer that has been striking people down for thousands of years: tuberculosis. After centuries of ineffective treatments, the microorganism that causesTB was identified, and the cure was thought to be within reach but drug-resistantvarieties continue to plague and panic the human race. The biography of this deadlygerm, an account of the diagsis, treatment, and cure of the disease over time, and the social history of an illness that could strike anywhere but was most prevalentamong the poor are woven together in an engrossing, carefully researched narrative.Bibliography, source tes, index.
- Author(s)Alison Blank,Jim Murphy
- PublisherClarion Books
- Date of Publication10/07/2012
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintClarion Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight612 g
- Width180 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.